Donald John Trump the American businessman and the newly elected President of US was born on June 14, 1946. Trump entered the race back in June 2015. His outlook was different from from the other contenders. He openly condemned the Mexican immigrants, calling them as “rapists” in his announcement speech. He even called for a ban on Muslim immigration to the US post the San Bernardino terror attacks. Despite the stiff competition, Trump won the race.
The 10 most interesting facts about Trump are here,
1. Trump is a television personality. He produced, participated and appeared as cameos in different films and television shows. During the year 2003, he became the executive producer and host of the NBC reality show ‘The Apprentice’. He hosted The Apprentice for 14 seasons, earning more than $1 million per episode and in 2007he also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contribution to television.
2. Trump has never smoked cigarettes neither drank nor did any sorts of drugs. Previously his older brother Fred, was an alcoholic for several years and warned Trump to skip drinking. Fred ultimately died from his addiction.
3. The only presidential candidate, Trump has his own board game, named Trump: The Game. The monopoly-like game was launched in 1989 and had to be discontinued after dismal sales and poor reviews.
4. Though Trump doesn’t drink, in 2006, he launched his own brand of vodka, self-described as “a superb product and beautifully packaged.” Yet, consumers didn’t seem to agree to it and production of Trump Vodka was halted in 2011 because sales went down.
5. In 1990, he almost went bankrupt. By 1994, he had paid back $900 million in personal debt and reduced his $3.5 billion in business debt. He even had to give up his Trump Shuttle, but retained his Trump Towers as well as 3 casinos in Atlantic City. Currently, he is the CEO of the Trump organization that owns over 100 companies and his net worth is $2.6 billion.
6. His Trump World Tower is the tallest residential building in the world. It is 90 storeyed building. He even boasts of 18-bedroom waterfront palace in Palm Beach, Florida, called the Trump Palace, one of the most expensive real estate in the country.
7. Trump is an attention seeker and his hairstyle is one of his attention seeking trait. Though he doesn’t take much care of it, yet people are curious about his hair. When asked he said that the reason his hair looks so proper all the time is because he doesn’t expose himself to the outside environment. He spends maximum time in his limousine, private jet, helicopter, or his private club, and that the only time he is outside is when he plays golf.
8. During 2009, Trump filed a lawsuit against the author of the book Trump Nation: The Art of Being Donald, Timothy O’Brien, for $5 million. The author in this book said three unnamed sources who anticipated Trump’s net worth between $150 million and $250 million. But, the court ruled that Trump failed to prove that the author committed “actual malice” and dismissed the defamation lawsuit. According to Trump’s lawyers, his own estimation has been “proven conclusively” to cross more than $7 billion, yet during a deposition, he himself said that his sense of financial worth depends on his day-to-day feelings.
9. A germaphobe, Trump does not like to shake hands. When forced to shake hands, he has a weird tendency of vigorously pulling the other person close to himself.
10. Trump is full of confidence. He was quoted in 2004 in The Daily News saying, “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me—consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”