10 Things to know about Patanjali Ayurved

Patanjali1. Patanjali Ayurved Limited, incorporated in the year 1977, has turned to be fast growing Consumer Company in India. Initiated by Baba Ramdev and his confidante Acharya Balakrishna, Patanjali is headquartered in Haridwar.

2. Interestingly Baba Ramdev doesn’t hold any stake in Patanjali Ayurveda Limited, but Balakrishna owns 92%. The rest 8% stake is held by a Scotland-based non-resident Indian couple, Sarwan and Sunita Poddar. The two are related with the UK Trust of Patanjali and have donated land in the UK.

3. Patanjali is giving fierce competitions to all the FMCG companies operating in India since the company is eating into the market share of MNCs and other local players. Baba Ramdev has thrown an open challenge at his FMCG rivals, saying that Patanjali Ayurved bears the capability to upstage big names like Colgate, Unilever and Nestle in the years to come.

4. Around 20 years ago, the company that has developed from a small pharmacy has to its name: 28 factories at the campus that manufactures over 800 products. As per reports, twenty-five technicians uses computers to test ingredients for contaminants, ranging from pesticides to heavy metals.

5. No other herbal products maker is known to manufacture products ranging from noodles to oats, biscuits, beauty products, detergents etc. During the year 2015-16, Patanjali clocked revenues amounting to Rs 5,000 crore, which went up from approximately Rs 400 crore in the year 2011-12 and Rs 2,000 crore in Ghee and toothpaste turned to be the bestsellers in its FMCG portfolio, having around 300 products.

6. The company has the aspirations to double its revenues to Rs 10,000 crore by the next March and invest sum worth Rs 1,000 crore in incorporating six processing units and an R&D centre. The notable part of the story is that Patanjali’s products are 15%-20% cheaper than the other eminent brands. Thus, many of the brands are forced to launch offers and promotions to counter its emerging popularity. As of now, other than e-commerce channels, Patanjali products are sold Ayurvedic Chikitsalayas, Arogya Kendras and Swadeshi Kendras.

7. In other news, Ramdev Baba’s Patanjali has hatched a technique to challenge the might of global sportswear including Nike and Adidas with its entry into yoga wear. It has also appointed two top advertising agencies named McCann and Mudra to design the business for the next phase of growth.

8. Lately, Acharya Balkrishna, the CEO of Patanjali Ayurved, added his name to the billionaire list, possessing sum worth Rs. 25,6000 crore or $3.8 billion and ranked 26 among 339 in the Hurun India Rich List.

9. The Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth Ashram has claimed that Balkrishna is a great scholar of Ayurveda. Also, it is believed that he is an expert in Sanskrit language and Vedas and boasts that he is credited with rediscovering the Sanjivani buti but in reality, the 43-year old CEO is reported to furnish a forged graduate degree in Sanskrit also faked a high school degree only acquire a passport.

10. Yet, Patanjali Ayurved is a self-sustaining entity and has brought a good reputation for the company. Simultaneously it earned the company huge profits. The two claims all profits are used for charity and the betterment of the society.

  • Article By :
    Khaidem Rajit Singha professionally working as Online Digital Marketing since 2010 and also he loves to do blogging about Technology, Travel, Fashion etc. at leisure time. Find him on Instagram @ khaidem

Random Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*